Schenectady / Capital Region Today
Now in our 22nd Year!
Below you will find listings for our interesting on-air guests for the next four weeks. Check out the lists below for our great variety of topics. We start filming at 10 am in THE ADDY THEATRE on Tuesday. A live audience is always welcome and there are plenty of seats. You can meet the guests in person and learn more about their projects or even get involved yourself.
December 10, 2019 – Show #1114
Mendelssohn Club’s Holiday Concert
Jeff Vredenburg, Conductor; Michael Donegan, President and Carla Fisk, Guest Artist
A blend of repertoire featuring themes of winter, peace, and the holidays. Special guest artist will be the soprano, Carla Fisk who has performed with many Capital District arts groups and performed throughout the United State and Europe. She will be performing a trio of Christmas art songs by the famous America composer, Norman Dello Joio and familiar seasonal favorites. She will be accompanied by the Club’s talented pianist, Michael Clement.
- Organization: Mendelssohn Club of Albany
- Mission: Since its inception in 1909, this male chorus has become the longest continuously performing arts group in the Capital District of New York State. The Mendelssohn Club of Albany is composed of men with a variety of occupations and interest from the Capital District and Mohawk Valley. The Club is dedicated to preserving and presenting male chorus music and blends musical experiences with fellowship for members through rehearsals, concerts and other musical events, afterglows and social gatherings.
- Event: Holiday Concert
- Location of event: The Egg — Performing Arts Theatre, Empire State Plaza
- Date/Time: Friday, 12/13/19 at 7:30 pm
- Cost: $22
- Contact Information: Amy Radley – 518-428-5382
- Website: www.Mendelssohn.org
Thursday Musical Club’s Songs for a Holy Night
Julie Panke, Director & Kathy Poppino, President
The Thursday Musical Club concert will include a gospel version of “O Holy Night,” a traditional spiritual, “Sweet Little Jesus Boy,” and “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” in tribute to the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II. The chorus is directed by Julie Panke and accompanied by Elinore Farnum. Guest musicians are Margaret Halinski, flute, Kevin Kenny, recorder, and Christopher Roux, percussion. Scholarship recipient, William Codd, from Niskayuna High School will also perform.
- Organization: Thursday Musical Club (women’s chorus)
- Event: Songs for a Holy Night
- Location of event: Eastern Parkway United Methodist Church
- Date/Time: Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 3:00 pm
- Cost: $15 general admission; $12 seniors and students
- Website: www.tmcsingers.org
14th Annual Education Celebration
Elaine Pickett, Chair of Gala & Gordon Zuckerman, President
The annual Gala is held to celebrate education and the achievements of the students and staff of the Schenectady City School District. The evening is devoted to reflecting on some of the school district’s achievements and most generous benefactors. Entertainment will be provided by Schenectady High School student musicians, while attendees enjoy hors d’oeuvres and have the opportunity to participate in a raffle. The event is catered by the SCSD Culinary students and entertainment is provided by the students of Dave Gleason and Krista Hawk.
The Foundation will pay tribute to members of the school community with our Crystal Apple Awards, which are given to a community organization that contributes to the education of our students and to a distinguished alumnus. The Dr. Ray & June Benenson Community Service Award recipients are the Schenectady ROTC and Sponsor a Scholar. The Ernie Kahn Outstanding Alumnus recipient is Shane Bargy. Laura Macey is the Teacher of the Year. We will also recognize the recipients of the 2019-20 grants. These winners serve as a valuable reminder of the importance of education and service to community.
- Organization: Schenectady City School District Educational Foundation
- Mission: The Schenectady City School District Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit, 501©3 organization. The Foundation was established to create new opportunities for students and educators in our community. Since 2006, the Foundation has awarded 179 grants totaling $133,143.00. Grants have been used to fund a green house, musical instruments, physical education activities, classroom libraries, mini computers, author visits, field trips, and a number of creative activities. The Foundation also works with other organizations that support the schools, help the summer recreation program, and contribute to the backpack program.
- Event: 14th Annual Education Celebration
- Location of event: Proctors GE Theatre
- Date/Time: Thursday, Jan 16 from 5:30 to 8 pm
- Cost: $40 per person, $25 for teachers
- Facebook: Yes — Schenectady Schools Education Foundation
- Website: www.scsdeducationfoundation.org
Sports Psychology Coach
Herman Johnson, President
Submitted via email:
1. I have a Radio Show on 1450wwsc AM and 93.1 FM, this show is also a podcast that you have access to by going to 1450 wwwsc and click on the podcast for Healing Peacefully and enjoy the past several shows.
2. My class “Focus and Perform – The Extended Course”, will be held at SUNY ACC for another Spring in 2020. The class Starts and is held on Wednesday from 8:00 am to 9:30 am commencing February 19 through March 25, 2020. Please consult the Spring Catalog for further details.
3. I’ll be performing a “Dental Implant” Hypnosis on a private client who requested my assistance because she did not want to walk out of the procedure disoriented, drowsy, and hurting.
BA: Psychology/Sociology; Professional Psychotherapy Diploma; Professional Sports Psychology Diploma; Complete Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis Certification; Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Therapist & Coaches Course; Certified in Sports Hypnosis; Certified in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy; Past Lives Diploma
- Organization: Cerebral Sports
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Website: www.amentalist.com
miSci’s Noon Year’s Eve Winter Carnival
Lileas Meyer, Dir. School Programs
No additional information was provided as of this publication
- Organization: miSci (Museum of Innovation and Science)
- Events: Noon Year’s Eve Winter Carnival (Dec 31) & Lego Day (Dec 14)
- Location of event: misci — Nott Terrace Heights off Nott Terrace
- Cost: check website
- Website: www.miSci.org
December 17, 2019 Show #1115
Capital Community Voices (Event Dec 21)
Phyllis Pulver, Composer
Community Loan Fund – Training Platform
Linda MacFarlane, Executive Director
Jan’s Wanderings – A piece of history at Proctors
Mike Purcell on our Stage – Performing
Mike Purcell, Entertainer
Schenectady Theater for Children (Event TBA)
www.SchenectadyToday.com and Follow us on
- Twitter (SchdyTodayShow)
- Instagram (SchdyToday)
- Facebook @Schenectady-Capital Region Today Show
- Facebook 1000th Show @SchdyToday1000
- YouTube “Schenectady Today Show Official”
- Show is available on demand on YouTube and on www.openstqgemedia.org as well as on Fios
“Schenectady Today –Capital Region Today” An All-Volunteer Production
Producing and Hosting continuously since 9/16/98 – Now in our 22nd year
Now Cablecast in the following Communities
Wednesdays at 7 pm on most of the outer Capital Region areas (more often in Albany and Sch’dy stations): Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301.