In & Around the Capital Region
Now in our 21st Year!
Guest Line Up for the next four weeks of filming. (May be subject to change)
Below you will find listings for our interesting on-air guests for the next four weeks. Check out the lists below for our great variety of topics. We start filming at 10 am in THE ADDY THEATRE on Tuesday. A live audience is always welcome and there are plenty of seats. You can meet the guests in person and learn more about their projects or even get involved yourself.
October 16, 2018 #1055
Filming at the Addy in Proctors
Scheduled Topics on the Show with Guests
(Listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Information below has been provided by the Guests or from their websites
~~~ Segment ONE~~~
Rambling Drifters – Performing on our Stage
John Hill, Vocals & Rhythm Guitar
Matt Oremland, Bass Guitar
Amy Biancolli, Violin & Dave Singer, Drums
The Rambling Drifters are a Country-Swing, Folk-Rock, Rockabilly & Blues Band from Albany NY. Outlaw Country and Roots Americana music…
About John Hill: Here is a guitar from Nazareth. Here is a harmonica sad, sweet. An authentic voice sings with conviction. Train cars, prison bars. Sunday mornings and mortal warnings. Mountain music. Songs of the sea. Hymns, ballads, waltzes. This is a journey through the American Songbook.
John Hill is a singer, songwriter, musician and entertainer based in Albany NY. A full-time working performance artist, John Plays Live over 300 dates a year throughout New York, Vermont and Massachusetts.
Live appearances feature soulful renditions of country classics by legends like Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson; Inspiring folk music popularized by revivalists like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and the Grateful Dead; and Bluegrass, Gospel, Standards, Rock, Blues and more!
- Organization: Rambling Drifters Band
- Facebook: Yes.
- Website: www.JohnPlaysLive.com and to hear the music https://soundcloud.com/user-743157525
~~~ Segment TWO ~~~
Animal Communicator – Talk to your Animals
David Louis, Animal Communicator
Laura Brown, Dragon Wrangler
Jake, Non-Fire-Breathing She-Dragon
From David’s Website: Welcome to the wonderful and awe-inspiring world of animal communication. My work as an animal communication specialist is the most powerful, most enjoyable and deeply fulfilling work I have ever done. I am honored to get to know so many wonderful, unique beings of other species, and to learn how they think and feel, how they see themselves and their world. I view my work as sacred, honoring the deep connection of all life; a connection which human animals have, to our peril, largely forgotten.
Videos are available on his website.
You’ll even get to meet a dragon on the show this week!
- Organization: Talk to Your Animals
- Facebook: Yes
- Contact Info: David@TalkToYourAnimals.co
- Website: www.TalkToYourAnimals.co (this is correct)
~~~ Segment THREE ~~~
Niskayuna HS Craft Fair
Paulette Doudoukjian, Craft Fair Coordinator
JD Fielding, Owner Mindful Intentions & Crafter
Shareen Frazier, Owner Reens Soy Candles & Essentials & Crafter
This popular Craft Fair will be held on Saturday, October 27th from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on the Niskayuna High School campus. Plan to spend a few hours perusing beautiful handmade items ranging from kitchen decor to holiday decor, children’s gifts, sewn creations and more! Or shop your favorite vendors like Pampered Chef, Avon, Tupperware, Thirty-One Gifts, and more! Take a break in your shopping day by grabbing a bite to eat in our concession area and enjoying a baked good from the extensive onsite bakery area… yum! Either way, it’s a wonderful fall afternoon to get you into the holiday spirit.
- Organization: Schenectady High School PTO
- Mission: The Niskayuna High School PTO organizes this long-standing annual event to help fund teacher and student-related programs.
- Event: Niskayuna PTO Craft Fair
- Location of event: Niskayuna High School Campus – 1626 Balltown Road, Niskayuna
- Date/Time: Oct 27 from 10 am to 3 pm
- Cost: Free event
- Facebook: Yes. https://www.facebook.com/niskycraftfair/
- Website: www.niskycraftfair.weebly.com
~~~ Segment FOUR~~~
Leadership Summit America!
Sharon A. Burstein, Leadership Image Speaker
From Sharon’s Website: Understanding your Leadership Image provides keys for success to transform your career, leadership and life. Learning and developing your Leadership Image makes people more effective leaders in all aspects of life.
Sharon is a high-energy powerful national speaker who tremendously connects with her audience.
You cannot effectively lead others until you understand yourself and your Leadership Image.
Sharon started her path to leadership and being an entrepreneur, beginning work at the young but wise age of 15. Since her early ambitions she has continuously moved forward leading the way and inspiring others.
Sharon Burstein is an award winning author, and one of America’s most respected speakers. She has trained and spoken to thousands of people of all ages, students and adults using her training and leadership methods. Through her speaking, training, consulting and coaching, Sharon inspires people, building their confidence to achieve more success in life. She enables people to create and recognize their inner and outer Leadership Image. Sharon has created numerous award winning books and programs, has been recognized and received numerous awards for her career achievements and leadership. Her high energy and enthusiasm that she brings to everything she does is contagious.
Sharon will deliver a dynamic, inspiring speech full of useful tips to lead in all aspects of life and understand your Leadership Image. Audiences benefit from her knowledge and innovation. She loves to inspire her audiences to discover their Leadership Image and achieve greater success in life.
- Organization: Sharon A. Burstein
- Mission: To equip people of all ages with tools to build confidence in themselves that they can use to become effective leaders throughout their personal and professional lives.
- Event: Leadership Summit America
- Location of event: Desmond Hotel in Albany
- Date/Time: Nov 1-2, 2018
- Cost: Leadership Ticket $347; VIP Leadership $497
- Contact Information: 518-339-1027
- Website: www.SharonBurstein.com
~~~ Segment FIVE~~~
Northeast Trek Con
Jerry M. Silber, Organizer/Promoter
Northeast Trek Con is a multi-track event over three days. It has actors from the various Star Trek series, Star Trek – Sci-fi authors, scientists, costume designers and showcase, Star Trek production staff, folks presenting on different topics of Star Trek, entertainment, gaming, vendors, art, design and more.
- Celebrating 25th Anniversary of Deep Space Nine. Check the website for the vast array of Star Trek Guests that will be at the event. Many exhibits to visit.
- Organization: Star Trek Association of the Northeast
- Mission: To promote education and awareness of science, technology, engineering, art, and math., social awareness and understanding, fostering relationships/ friendships and brotherhood, compassion, various crafts
- Event: Northeast Trek Con
- Location of event: Albany Capital Center – 55 Eagle Street Albany, NY 12207
- Date/Time: Oct 26 – 28, 2018 — Start time on Friday will be announced upcoming shortly
- Cost: Best buy – weekend membership – $84.72 in advance – web site purchase
- Contact Information: see website
- Facebook: Yes. Northeast Trek Con
- Twitter: @NEastTrekCon
- Website: www.NortheastTrekCon.com
+++++++++ Upcoming Shows+++++++++
October 23, 2018 – #1056
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Callaloo Theatre Company’s — Uncommon Women and Others (Event Oct 26 to Nov 4)
- Karen Christina Jones, Artistic Director
- Sarah Emily Politis “Rita Altabel”
- Julie Nordwind Adler “Kate Quin”
- Rachel Leah Pearlman “Holly Kaplan”
- Sara Falvo “Susie Friend”
Classic Theater Guild’s — Beau Jest (Event Oct 25 to Nov 4)
- John Birchler, Director
- Michael Silvia, Actor
- Yash Thakur, Actor
Emporium Farm Brewery – Grand Opening
- Roger Savoy, Owner
Irish American Heritage Museum (Hugh Carey Gala – Nov 2)
- Elizabeth Stack, Executive Director
Schuylerville Community Theater’s — Bell, Book and Candle (Event Nov 2-5)
- Garrett West, Director
- Sarah Cordts, Board Member
Temple Israel Events
- Sierra Lynch, Program Coordinator
October 30, 2018 – #1057
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Albany Civic Theater “Gloria” (Event Nov 2 to 18)
- Juliet King
- Patrick White
Family and Child Service
- Bob VanZetta
Magic “National Magic Week” — Magic on our Stage
- Clifford Bruce
- Dave McClements
Schenectady Light Opera “Grease” (Event Nov 9-18)
- Suzanne Rayome
November 6, 2018 – #1058
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
- Allison H. Moran, Bereavement Counselor
Concerned for the Hungry
- Peter Jones, Organizer
Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Lester Y. Rosenzweig, MS RD, CDN
Solarize Capital Region
- Dennis Karius
Troy Turkey Trot
- George Regan, Event Director
Upcoming Production – TBA
- Brendan Tenan
- William Rivas
www.SchenectadyToday.com and Follow us on
- Twitter (SchdyTodayShow)
- Instagram (SchdyToday)
- Facebook @SchenectadyTodayShow
- YouTube “Schenectady Today Show Official”
“Schenectady Today – In and Around the Capital Region” An All-Volunteer Production
Producing and Hosting continuously since 9/16/98 – Now in our 20th year
Now Cablecast in the following Communities
Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301.