Free Event List (Partial) for Jun 10 through Jun 17
Jun 10 (Sun)
- Anthony’s Church Festa from 2- 10 pm. – music by the Refrigerators from 7-10. Seward Place and Nott St. by Union College
- Sch’dy Greenmarket 10-2 pm around City Hall — vendors, music, food available. Meet your friends and neighbors.
Jun 12 (Tues)
- Noon Organ Concert Series at Proctors MainStage with Malcolm Kogut
- Schenectady Today show filming at the ADDY Theater in Proctors. Meet the guests in person.
June 13 (Wed)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi — Reels at the Main Branch of Sch’dy County Public Library at Noon
- Skeeter Creek performing at Rockin’ on the River at Riverfront Park in Troy from 5 to 8:30 pm
Jun 14 (Thurs)
- Flag Day – fly your flag
- Free Naloxone Training Session at 6:30 pm at ViaEntertainment in ViaPort Rotterdam Mall. You’ll learn how to recognize and respond to overdoses. 16 yr.+
- Maria Zemantauski – Jazz on Jay (Pedestrian-way) from noon to 1:30 pm. Rain location, Robb Alley in Proctors.
- More Love Stories from the LGBTQ Community by the IFSC – The Power of Story. 7-9 pm at the First Lutheran Church ELCA of Albany at 181 Western Ave in Albany. – Interfaith Story Circle.
- The Bill Lawrence Trio (Light Jazz) – Niskayuna’s Summer Concert Series at 7 pm at Town Hall Gazebo. Bring a picnic and lawn chairs to enjoy these hour long concerts.
- 17thy Annual Flag Day Parade – route 50 Burnt Hills at 7 pm.
- Dark Honey and Albert Hammond Jr. appearing at Alive at Five from 5-8 pm at the Corning Preserve Boat Launch in Albany.
- WEQK Night with Albert Hammond Jr. – Alive at Five – Jennings Landing at the Corning Preserve in Albany from 5-8 pm – Rain site is the Corning Boat launch
Jun 15 (Fri)
- Women’s Community Leadership Network –Topic “Diverse” – with Transgender Stand-Up Comedian Jaye McBride — 11:45 am in Proctor’s Guild Room
- Juneteenth Celebration at Vale Cemetery from 6-8 pm Speaker Chief Neil Clark. Ice Cream served.
Jun 16 (Sat)
- Niskayuna’s “Get Moving for Healthy Living” Youth Bike Festival from 9 -11 am at the Town Hall.
- Strawberry and Gourmet Food Festival on Upper Union Street from 10 am to 3 pm
- Juneteenth Celebration at Central Park from 1 pm to 8:30 pm. Musical Entertainment, dance, double Dutch and more. Fun for the whole family.
- Troy Pig Out and
- Troy RiverFest at Monument Square and River St. in Troy 9 am to 3 pm
Jun 17 (Sun)
- FATHER’S DAY
- Discover the Pine Bush from 1- 2 pm at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center in Colonie
- Crusin’ on the Avenue (Mohawk Ave. in Scotia) Father’s Day Car show and more.
Other Re-Occurring Events
- Beginning June 3 — Every Sunday night until further notice: Free Jazz Series at Van Slykes in the Rivers Casino from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Through June 30 2018 – Special Exhibit Room at the American Italian Heritage Museum “Gifts from our Grandfather”. Julius Pardi collection.
- Through June 30 – Exhibition at the Sch’dy JCC “Israel @ 70: A Photographic Tribute by Margo Singer” in Farber-Miness Lounge of the Sch’dy JCC on Balltown Rd.
- Through July 2018 — Exhibition of Street photographs by Dave Tyson & Nicholas Amplo on Protest in the 60s-70s at Hamilton Hill Arts Center, Jerry Burrell Gallery at 209 Schenectady St., Sch’dy. 1-6 pm Weekdays
- Through Labor Day – Tuesdays — Squeeze Play Accordion Band — Outdoor Concert/Rehearsal at Voorheesville Gazebo from 6:30 to 8:30 pm (Tuesdays through Labor Day)