Partial List of Free Area Events for April 29 through May 6
April 29 (Sun)
- Albany Musician’s Union Jazz Appreciation Month Concert at the Colonie elks Club at 11 Elks Lane, Albany NY 12110-0756 from 2 to 5:30 pm.
- Town of Niskayuna Annual Arbor Day Celebration at River Road Park from 1-3 pm. Plenty of Activities and a Certified Arborist, Clarence Fountain, will give a talk at 1:30 pm “Right Tree in the Right Location in a Changing Climate”
- Schenectady Greenmarket at Proctors from 10 am to 2 pm. Entertainment and vendors. Last time in Proctors Inside. Starting in May the Greenmarket will be around Sch’dy City Hall
Apr 30 (Mon)
- Books Sandwiched In at Noon: Keys on the Road by Paul Obrien reviewed by the author. Main Branch Sch’dy Public Library Noon
May 1 (Tues)
- Citizen Science “Eastern Whip-poor-will Survey Training at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center from 7-8 pm. Learn about this nocturnal bird. Ages 15 and up.
- Join us at the Schenectady Today Show Filming at 10 am. 3rd Floor in the ADDY Theater at Proctors. Interesting Topics this week and the Squeeze Play Accordion Band will be on our stage this week. Join us in the Addy.
May 3 (Thurs)
- Theater Talk after Afternoon performance of The King and I – Proctors GE Theater
- Best-selling author, Robin Oliveira will give a talk at the Main branch of the Sch’dy Public Library at 6:30 pm Her newest book is “Winter Sisters” set in Albany in 1879.
May 4 (Fri)
- Friday Walk and Talk – Madison Ave Pinelands Trailhead #7 from noon to 1 pm at dead end of Madison Ave Extension, Albany
May 5 (Sat)
- Tiny Arts Day in a Tiny Town – a one day festival in West Fulton. Arts, music, circus arts, theater, local foods and more.
- Cinco de Mayo
May 6 (Sun)
- Margo Singer: Artist Reception from 3-5 pm at the Sch’dy Jewish Community Center.
- Citizen Science: Bumble Bee Watch from 1 – 2:30 pm at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center at 195 New Karner Road, Albany
- Through May 2018 – Special Exhibit Room at the American Italian Heritage Museum “Gifts from our Grandfather”. Julius Pardi collection.
- Through July 2018 — Exhibition of Street photographs by Dave Tyson & Nicholas Amplo on Protest in the 60s-70s at Hamilton Hill Arts Center, Jerry Burrell Gallery at 209 Schenectady St., Sch’dy. 1-6 pm Weekdays
- May 1 through June 30 – Exhibition at the Sch’dy JCC “Israel @ 70: A Photographic Tribute by Margo Singer” in Farber-Miness Lounge of the Sch’dy JCC on Balltown Rd.