Partial List of Free Events for 4/22 through 4/29
Apr 22 (Sun)
- Earth Day
- Schenectady Greenmarket at Proctors from 10 am to 2 pm. Entertainment and vendors.
Apr 23 (Mon)
- Books Sandwiched In at Noon: Grant by Ron Chernow, reviewed by Thomas Kelly. Main Branch Sch’dy Public Library NOON
- Giant Climate March in Albany – meet at noon at 79 Sheridan Ave. and march to the Capitol. 1:30 pm Rally to Capitol Park then followed by Rally in the Capitol on 3rd Floor (Million Dollar Staircase).
- Celebration at Albany City Hall from 5:30 to 7:30 pm 24 Eagle St. for Mayor’s Sustainability Celebration.
Apr 24 (Tues)
- Join us at the Schenectady Today Show Filming at 10 am. 3rd Floor in the ADDY Theater at Proctors. Interesting Topics and a performer from SLOC’s Sister Act.
Apr 25 (Wed)
- Movies at Noon – Reels presents Wonder Wheel at Main Branch of the Sch’dy Public Library.
- The Power of Story to En-courage us – Wed. March 21 from 7-9 pm – St. Madeline Sophie in Guilderland. Free Parking. Interfaith Story Circle. WithOurVoices.org
- Presentation “Can I Prevent This Addiction From Affecting My Loved Ones?” from 6 to 7:30 pm at the Sch’dy County Public Library Main Branch. Four Forum Presenters + Peer – Representative. Sponsored by League of Women Voters + Sch’dy County Retired Teacher’s Assn.
Apr 26 (Thurs)
- Reception with NYS Museum Curator of Birds, Jeremy Kirchman, from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at the Kelly Adirondack Center. At 7 pm Kirchman will give a Lecture in Old Chapel at Union College.
- Jewish Catholic Dialogue Lecture – at American Italian Heritage Museum at 7 pm. Presenter La Rabinessa Liora Kelman followed by a short film and reception. Open to the Public
- Citizen Science: FrogWatch at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center from 8-10 pm. An evening to listen to a spring chorus of frogs and toads. Ages 10 and up.
- Jeremy Kirchman Lecture in Old Chapel: The Adirondack Archipelago: Bird Evolution at the Edge of the Boreal Forest – Union College at 7 pm.
April 28 (Sat)
- Goldie’s Debut with the Albany Symphony Orchestra at 7:30 pm (Check to see if there is a charge)
- *Special Performance: Saturday, April 28 – Goldie’s Debut with the Albany Symphony Orchestra 7:30 PM – Proctors
April 29 (Sun)
- Albany Musician’s Union Jazz Appreciation Month Concert at the Colonie elks Club at 11 Elks Lane, Albany NY 12110-0756 from 2 to 5:30 pm.
- Town of Niskayuna Annual Arbor Day Celebration at River Road Park from 1-3 pm. Plenty of Activities and a Certified Arborist, Clarence Fountain, will give a talk at 1:30 pm “Right Tree in the Right Location in a Changing Climate”
- Schenectady Greenmarket at Proctors from 10 am to 2 pm. Entertainment and vendors. Last time in Proctors Inside. Starting in May the Greenmarket will be around Sch’dy City Hall
- Through July 2018 — Exhibition of Street photographs by Dave Tyson & Nicholas Amplo on Protest in the 60s-70s at Hamilton Hill Arts Center, Jerry Burrell Gallery at 209 Schenectady St., Sch’dy. 1-6 pm Weekdays
- May 1 through June 30 – Exhibition at the Sch’dy JCC “Israel @ 70: A Photographic Tribute by Margo Singer” in Farber-Miness Lounge of the Sch’dy JCC on Balltown Rd.