Aug 13 (Mon)
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie. Bites/Camera/Action — 6:30 pm music and games. 7:00 pm short film by YOUTHFX. Feature film at 7:30 pm. Family friendly. Bring lawn chairs. South Pearl St. Albany in front of Times Union Center – Free parking after 5 pm
Aug 14 (Tues)
- Squeeze Play Accordion Band — Outdoor Concert/Rehearsal at Voorheesville Gazebo from 6:30 to 8:30 pm (Tuesdays through Labor Day)
- Water Ski Show at Jumpin’ Jacks at 7 pm.
Aug 15 (Wed)
- The Joey Thomas Big Band performing at Freedom Park in Scotia starting at 7 pm. Bring your lawn chair. Rain or shine.
- For Children – The Zucchini Brothers performing at Town of Clifton Park Performing Arts at the Common (Vischer Ferry Road) 7 pm
- Rad Trads Performing at Shepard Park on Canada Street as part of the Lake George Arts Project 7 pm
- “Cool” Indoor Concert/Swing Dance with Annie and the Hedonists performing at Malta Community Center at One Bayberry Dr. from 6-8 pm Bring blanket or chair.
Aug 16 (Thurs)
- Rob Aronstein Trio – Jazz on Jay (Pedestrian-way) from noon to 1:30 pm. Rain location, Robb Alley in Proctors.
- Hair of the Dog performing at the Crossings Park (Colonie) from 6-8 pm
- The McKrells performing at Wiswall Park in downtown Ballston Spa from 6-8 pm
- Science Lecture Series: Assemblage structure of ectomycorrhizal fungi on scrub oak (Quercus ilicifolia) roots in fire adapted pine barrens. 6”30 pm at 195 New Karner Road, Albany NY. (Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center)
Aug 18 (Sat)
- Anthony Fallacaro (Pop) performing at Freedom Park in Scotia starting at 7 pm. Bring your lawn chair. Rain or shine.
- Keith Pray Big Soul Ensemble performing at Riverlink Park in Downtown Amsterdam – rain or shine 7 pm
Aug 19 (Sun)
- Seuss’s THE 5000 FINGERS OF DR. T – Free Family Film! At Proctors. Shown at 10:30 am and 1 pm
- Toronzo Cannon “Blues” performs at Music Haven at Central Park in Schenectady — starting at 7 pm. Lawn and stadium seating. Food available for purchase. Rain Location: Proctors Theatre
- Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company (modern dance) performing at Freedom Park in Scotia starting at 7 pm. Bring your lawn chair. Rain or shine.
- Gazette Kids Days from noon to 3 pm at Viaport in Rotterdam Mall – Crafts, snacks, games and more.
Other Re-occurring Events
- Every Sunday – Schenectady Greenmarket around City Hall from 10 am to 2 pm. Food, Music, Vendors and more. It’s a great event! Buy local, buy fresh!
- Continuing — Every Sunday night until further notice: Free Jazz Series at Van Slykes in the Rivers Casino from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Through Aug 18 – “How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying” at Park Playhouse (Washington Park) in Albany 8 pm on Tuesdays through Saturday
- Aug 21 through Aug 25 – “James and the Giant Peach” at Park Playhouse (Washington Park) in Albany 8 pm on Tuesdays through Saturday
- Through August – Exhibition by Vince Forte Jr. at the Living room Art Gallery (in Historic Saint Agnes Cemetery’s Visitor’s Center in Menands. (8:30 am to 4 pm)
- Through Labor Day – Tuesdays — Squeeze Play Accordion Band — Outdoor Concert/Rehearsal at Voorheesville Gazebo from 6:30 to 8:30 pm (Tuesdays through Labor Day)