Aug 26 (Sun)
- Annie & the Hedonists (Americana) performing at Freedom Park in Scotia starting at 7 pm. Bring your lawn chair. Rain or shine.
- Gazette Kids Days from noon to 3 pm at the GE Theatre at Proctors – Crafts, snacks, games and more.
- Schenectady Greenmarket from 10 am to 2 pm around City Hall
- Maple Museum Free Music and More: First Call Brass Ensemble. Maple Museum and on the Town Green at 2 pm. (Schoharie County)
Aug 28 (Tues)
- Don Hyman onstage — Filming Schenectady Today Show at the ADDY at Proctors – 3rd floor theatre. Six segments with informative guests. Filming starts at 10 am
- Summer Block Party from noon to 4 pm at Central Park. Sponsored by the Sch’dy City Schools Bookmobile Team. Fun, food, entertainment and music with DJ Ketchup.
- Squeeze Play Accordion Band — Outdoor Concert/Rehearsal at Voorheesville Gazebo from 6:30 to 8:30 pm (Tuesdays through Labor Day)
- Water Ski Show at Jumpin’ Jacks at 7 pm.
- Citizen Science: Common Nighthawk Watch at the Albany Pine Bush discovery Center from 6-7:30 pm.
Aug 29 (Wed)
- Grand Central Station (Party Rock) performing at Freedom Park in Scotia starting at 7 pm. Bring your lawn chair. Rain or shine.
- Louie & the Crowmatix Performing at Shepard Park on Canada Street as part of the Lake George Arts Project 7 pm
- Reels at Noon – Paddington 2 (rated PG) Schenectady County Public Library on Clinton St.
- Karner Kids Film Festival at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center at 6:30 pm – 194 New Karner Road. – Pine Bush Experiences through art.
- Lunchtime at the Empire State Plaza at noon Music performances and Farmer’s Market
- Capitol Park After Dark: West Side Story at 8 pm Albany. Musical.
Aug 30 (Thurs)
- The Ragtime Windjammers – Jazz on Jay (Pedestrian-way) from noon to 1:30 pm. Rain location, Robb Alley in Proctors.
- Sorrow Estate/Rich Ortiz performing at the Crossings Park (Colonie) from 6-8 pm
- Matthew Runciman performing at Wiswall Park in downtown Ballston Spa from 6-8 pm
- Art Lecture: Oil Painting by Karen Wooden at 7 pm at Niskayuna Town Hall – watch, listen and learn. One Niskayuna Circle.
Aug 31 (Fri)
Sept 1 (Sat)
- Family Fun Hike at Blueberry Hill West Trailhead #5 – Albany Pine Bush. Suitable for ages 6-10 and up. 11 am
Sept 2 (Sun)
- Schenectady Greenmarket around City Hall from 10 am to 2 pm
Other Re-occurring Events
- Continuing — Every Sunday night until further notice: Free Jazz Series at Van Slykes in the Rivers Casino from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Through August – Exhibition by Vince Forte Jr. at the Living room Art Gallery (in Historic Saint Agnes Cemetery’s Visitor’s Center in Menands. (8:30 am to 4 pm)
- Through Labor Day – Tuesdays — Squeeze Play Accordion Band — Outdoor Concert/Rehearsal at Voorheesville Gazebo from 6:30 to 8:30 pm (Tuesdays through Labor Day)