Free Events March 18 through March 25
Mar 18 (Sun)
- The Etude Club of Schenectady – classical instrumental — Beat the Snow Music Series at 2:30 pm at the Sch’dy County Public Library
- Schenectady Greenmarket at Proctors – 10 am to 2 pm.
Mar 19 (Mon)
- Science Series: “Edison & Westinghouse – Schenectady’s Connection to the War of the Currents” presented by Chris Hunter – Noon at the Main Branch of the Sch’dy Public Library
- Lecture Series: Graffiti: Art of Vandalism from 7-9 pm at the Niskayuna Town Hall. Artist Carole Warburton presenting.
Mar 20 (Tues)
- “South Africa’s Fragile Democracy” Great Decisions Discussion Series on Foreign Policy Issues starts at the Sch’dy County Main Branch at 9:30 am Runs through March each Tuesday
- Noon Organ Concert Series at Proctors MainStage with Pamela Sharpe and Helen Maksymicz
- Schenectady Today In & Around the Capital Region Filming at 10 am at Proctors. Meet the guests in person. Audience welcome.
Mar 21 (Wed)
- Weekly event at St. George’s Sch’dy Weekly Wed. Singing in Great Hall of the church on N. Ferry St. with Sacred Harp Singing from 6-8 pm
- Movies at Noon – Reels presents Professor Marston and the Wonder Women at Main Branch of the Sch’dy Public Library.
- The Power of Story to Welcome the Stranger – Wed. March 21 from 7-9 pm – University at Albany Interfaith Center. Free Parking. Interfaith Story Circle. www.WithOurVoices.org
Mar 22 (Thurs)
- Community Job Fair and SUNY College and Career Counseling Center Open House at Center City. 433 State St, Sch’dy from 11 am to 3 pm
Mar 23 (Fri)
- Academy of Lifelong Learning at Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library at 10:30 am – Poetry and prose
Mar 24 (Sat)
- Binghamton Event — Workshop Teaching Chinese Through Songs and Culture at the Massry Center for Business BB B008 at SUNYA from 9 am to 5 pm Presentation/participation. (Confucius Institute)
- Engage for Health at Phyllis Bornt Library and Literacy Ctr in Sch’dy, from 10 am to noon. Presenter, Dr. Dean Limeri, author of Medicine is a Team Sport (948 State Street) – Refreshments
- Ukrainian Easter Bazaar from 10 am to 4 pm at the ST. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church in Amsterdam
Mar 25 (Sun)
- Dino Cimino, Jazz — Beat the Snow Music Series at 2:30 pm at the Sch’dy County Public Library
- Pecha Kucha Night at the Opalka Gallery off New Scotland Ave. Multiple presenters with varied topics starting at 6:30 pm. Free munchies.
- Spring Romp: Musicians of Ma’alwyck at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Library at 2 pm
- Throughout the Tax Season – free tax prep GetFreeTaxPrep.org
- Through Mar 31 — Exhibit – Visions of Italy by the Sch’dy Art Society at the American Italian Cultural Museum at 1227 Central Ave. Albany — during museum hours.