Oct 7 (Sun)
- Carrot Festival at Agudat Achim – Union St. in Sch’dy 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Schenectady Greenmarket around City Hall from 10 am to 2 pm. Meet Pres. David Harris of Union College at the Greenmarket this week.
Oct 8 (Mon)
- Columbus Day (NY Legal Holiday)
- 29th Annual Columbus Celebration at the American Italian Heritage Assoc. & Museum. 11 am. 1227 Central Ave. Albany
- Special Event Smokey Bear Day from 10 am to 2 pm. Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. – 195 New Karner Road
- The Rogues will be performing from 2-5 pm at the Rivers Casino
- Car Show at the Rivers Casino
Oct 9 (Tues)
- This week’s Schenectady Today Show was filmed previously. This show focuses on the Capital Region’s economy with panelists from the area.
Oct 11 (Wed)
- Interfaith Story Circle and Children at the Well Programs “Listening for the Feminine Divine” from 7-9 pm with Presenter Barbara Chegalis. Location TBA
Oct 13 (Sat)
- Fall Foliage Hike at 11 am. 2.6 miles- Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center.
- Annual Walk for RITA – Out of Darkness Walk in Schenectady at noon – Central Park
- Annual Dozynki Polish Celebration at St. Gabriel’s Church from 11 am to 7 pm (3040 Hamburg St, Rotterdam). Plenty of free parking. Music, food and fun for the whole family.
- Oktoberfest on Upper Union Street from 10 am to 3 pm – Farmer’s Market, Vendors, fun for the whole family.
Oct 14 (Sun)
- Vietnamese Music Concert at 8 pm at the Event Center at the River’s Casino and Resort. Includes English, Modern and Chinese Music. Rush Rewards members get free tickets.
- Schenectady Greenmarket around City Hall from 10 am to 2 pm
Other Re-occurring Events
- Through Oct 13. Sharon Bates Exhibition at Opalka Gallery