In & Around the Capital Region
Now In Our 20th Year!
Guest Line Up for the next four weeks of filming. (May be subject to change)
Below you will find listings for our interesting on-air guests for the next four weeks. Check out the lists below for our great variety of topics. We start filming at 10 am at Proctors Underground on Tuesday. A live audience is always welcome and there are plenty of seats. You can meet the guests in person and learn more about their projects or even get involved yourself1
March 27, 2018 #1026
Scheduled Topics on the Show with Guests
(Listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Information below has been provided by the Guests or from their websites
~~~ Segment ONE ~~~
Thursday Music Club Performing on our Stage
- Julie Panke, Director & Cindy Kelley, Publicity
- Singers: Cindy Kelley, Kel Szydagis, Sheelah Lucier, Mary Ann Zeszutko,
- Marey Bailey, Susan Cassella, Bernie LaGoy, Nancy Ellen Swann,
- Marlys Anderson & Fran Arthur.
In honor of the passage of Women’s Suffrage in New York State in 1917 the Thursday Musical Club will present a concert, “Songs for Suffrage, Voices for Votes”, in the Carl B. Taylor Auditorium at Schenectady County Community College on April 11 at 7 pm.
The Thursday Musical Club is a women’s chorus founded in Schenectady in 1913, directed by Julie Panke and accompanied by Elinore Farnum.
Historical and contemporary songs in honor of NYS passage of women’s suffrage in 1917. Guest artists are Totally Pitchin’, a cappella chorus from SCCC, Dawn Standing Woman and Eric Marczak.
A reception following the concert will include representatives from several local women’s organizations: the SCCC student club of the American Association of University Women, the Schenectady County League of Women Voters, Girl Scouts of USA, and others.
- Organization: Thursday Music Club
- Mission: To give women of all ages and musical abilities the opportunity to perform a wide variety of musical styles with excellent musical leadership. Annual scholarships are awarded to students in local high schools and colleges.
- Event: Songs for Suffrage, Voices for Votes – a concert
- Location of event: Carl B. Taylor Auditorium at SCCC
- Date/Time: Wed. Apr. 11 at 7 pm
- Cost: General $15 and Student/Seniors $12
- Facebook: Yes “Thursday Musical Club”
- Website: www.TMCSingers.org
~~~ Segment TWO ~~~
Blithe Spirit at theREP
- Maggie Mancinelli Cahill, Artistic Director
Ready for a highly-spirited night out? Head to theREP and meet cantankerous novelist Charles Condomine, re-married to Ruth but haunted (literally) by the ghost of his late first wife, the clever and insistent Elvira who has been conjured up by a visiting “happy medium,” one Madame Arcati. What’s a husband to do with such an abundance of riches… or troubles? Join the fun to discover how Charles gets the genie – or at least Elvira — back into the bottle!
April 10 – Opening Night. Enjoy live music before the show, and a champagne (or ginger ale) toast and desserts from Bella Napoli after.
April 17 – Chef’s Table Night. Come hungry before the show and enjoy complimentary food from Yono’s/dp An American Brasserie.
April 18* & 25 – Discussion Nights. Stay after the show and discuss the play with Producing Artistic Director Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill and members of the cast.
April 29 – Go Behind-the-Scenes with Producing Artistic Director Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill and discuss Blithe Spirit and what goes into producing theatre at theREP.
*April 18 Discussion Night will occur prior to the performance – Story Circle presents True Ghost Stories with Kelvin Keraga and Siri Allison. 6:30 PM. Free and open to the public.
- Organization: Capital Repertory Theatre (theREP)
- Event: Blithe Spirit
- Location of event: Capital Repertory Theatre, Pearl Street, Albany
- Date/Time: April 6 to May 6
- Cost: varies
- Website: www.CapitalRep.org
~~~ Segment THREE ~~~
Autism Action Day
- Angelo Santabarbara, Advocate/ Assemblyman
Exploring a sensory friendly environment.
- Event: Autism Action Day
- Location of event: Via Aquarium — Rotterdam Via Port (Former Rotterdam Square Mall)
- Date/Time: Sunday, April 8 from 9:30 to 11 am
- Cost: Free with pre-registration
- Contact Assemblyman Santabarbara’s office
- Website: www.assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Angelo-Santabarbara
~~~ Segment FOUR ~~~
Italian Easter Traditions
- Prof. Philip DiNovo, Director
- Organization: American Italian Heritage Museum
- Event: Italian Bake Sale
- Location of event: American Italian Museum at 1227 Central Ave.
- Website: www.AmericanItalianMuseum.org
~~~ Segment FIVE ~~~
Repair Café Schenectady
- Leah LaFera, Adult Services, Librarian
- Dave West, Repair Café Schenectady, Coordinator
What do you do with a chair that has a loose leg?
A toaster that doesn’t work anymore?
Don’t throw them away, bring them to Repair Café!
This neighborhood initiative promotes repair as an alternative to tossing things out.
Anyone can bring their broken, but cherished, items to be fixed on the spot for FREE with the help of volunteer repair coaches. Limit of 2 items per household please.
Here are some ideas of items you can bring to be fixed:
Small Electric Appliances
Small Mechanical Items (no gas engines)
- Organization: Repair Café Schenectady
- Mission: Repair Cafe is a neighborhood initiative that promotes repair as an alternative to tossing things out. At a Repair Cafe, community members can bring their broken but cherished items to be fixed on the spot, for free, with the help of volunteers.
- Event: Repair Cafe
- Location of event: Schenectady County Public Library, 99 Clinton ST. Sch’dy 12305
- Date/Time: Saturday, April 14 from 10 am to 2 pm
- Cost: Free event
- Facebook: Yes “Repair Café Schenectady”
- Website: www.RepairCafe.org
~~~~~~ Upcoming Shows ~~~~~~
April 3, 2018 – #1027 (
Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Amazing Cakes – Treatie Beatie Cakes by Evelyn
- Evelyn Keplinger, Cake Decorator
- Mr. Keplinger, Assistant
The Art d’echo Trio Performing
- Mike Lawrence
- Others TBA
Proctors Historical Committee – Topic TBA
- Janice Walz
She’s Awaken – Empowering Women
- Julia Banks
Taxes! Final Update – (Deadline April 17)
- Joanne Passineau, IRS Stakeholder
- Tracy Randle, Director
April 10, 2018 – #1028
Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Confetti Stage’s King Lear (Opens April 27)
- Linda Shirley, Director
- George Fileau, Actor
Empty Bowls at Union
- Angela Tatem
- Sara Hill, Organizer
miSci- Museum of Innovation and Science
- Chris Hunter, VP of Collections and Exhibitions
- Tara Burnham, VP marketing & Communications
Saratoga Tour DeCure (Event Jun 10)
- Guests TBA
Schenectady Senior Center
- Susan Beth Olsen, Program Manager
- Jean Baroski, Volunteer
April 17, 2018 – #1029
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
ARC Food Truck Event
John Hill Band – Performing – arrival time 9 am
Schenectady City Historian
- Chris Leonard
Schenectady Steinmetz Career Center – Culinary Arts – Cooking Demo – arrival time is 9 am
- Laura Macey, Instructor
- Student’s names?