In & Around the Capital Region
Now in our 21st Year!
Guest Line Up for the next four weeks of filming. (May be subject to change)
Below you will find listings for our interesting on-air guests for the next four weeks. Check out the lists below for our great variety of topics. We start filming at 10 am in THE ADDY THEATRE on Tuesday. A live audience is always welcome and there are plenty of seats. You can meet the guests in person and learn more about their projects or even get involved yourself.
November 13, 2018 #1059
Filming at the Addy in Proctors
Scheduled Topics on the Show with Guests
(Listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Information below has been provided by the Guests or from their websites
~~~ Segment ONE~~~
The Canine Academy
Brittney Desmond, Development Associate
Kathy Snowden, Canine Academy Trainer/ Neuter Clinic Customer Services
They will discuss the Canine Academy and this program.
- Organization: Animal Protective Foundation
- Mission: The Animal Protective Foundation promotes and protects the human-animal bond by providing resources to our community and humane care to companion animals. Our vision is a community where all companion animals are loved, respected and receive exceptional care.
- Program: Canine Academy
- Location of event: 53 Maple Ave. Scotia NY
- Contact Information: 518-374-3944
- Facebook: Yes
- Website: www.AnimalProtective.org
~~~ Segment TWO ~~~
theREP’s Miss Bennett: Christmas at Pemberley
Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill, Producing Artistic Director
Connie Castanzo “Mary Bennett”
Ellen Cribbs “Anne de Bourgh”
Spend the holiday season with your favorite Pride and Prejudice characters, as they gather at Pemberley, the stately home of Mr. and Mrs. Darcy. In this charmingly imagined sequel to Jane Austen’s masterwork, the ever-dependable Mary Bennet is growing tired of her role as dutiful middle sister in the face of her siblings’ romantic escapades. When the family visits for Christmas, an unexpected guest sparks Mary’s hopes for independence, an intellectual match — and possibly even love? This unstuffy, highly entertaining and warm-spirited play will delight Austen aficionados and new-comers alike — just the kind of experience multiple generations can enjoy together!
Connie Castanzo (Mary Bennet) is delighted to be here in Albany this holiday season! New York City: Romeo & Juliet, The Rivals, As You Like It(New York Classical); Diaspora(Gym at Judson); Time Stands Still(Theater for the New City); Gigi(Storm Theatre); City Girls & Desperadoes, Much Ado About Nothing(Secret Theatre);My Report To The World(Jewish Museum of Heritage & Shakespeare Theater, DC); Some Are More Human(NYC Fringe). Regional: Boeing Boeing (Millbrook Playhouse); Lost Boy Found in Whole Food’s, A Confluence of Dreaming (Pittsburgh REP). TV/Film: “Hack My Life”; “The Raft”; “Creep”; “Cauliflower”. BFA in Acting from Point Park Conservatory of Performing Arts. Connie is an Associate Artist of New York Classical Theatre. Thanks Maggie, cast, crew & Capital Rep!
Ellen Cribbs (Anne de Bourgh)is thrilled to make her Capital Rep premiere. Ellen is a freelance voiceover artist and drama teacher. Favorite credits include Wait Until Dark, The 39 Steps, As You Like It, Noises Off, Dead Man’s Cell Phone, and Other Desert Cities. Thank you Mom, Dad, and Mark for their support.
- Organization: Capital Repertory Theatre (theREP)
- Event: Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley
- Location of event: 111 North Pearl St. Albany
- Date/Time: Nov 23 – Dec 23
- Cost: $22 to $65
- Contact Information: website
- Website: www.CapaitalRep.org
~~~ Segment THREE ~~~
Toys and Trains at miSci
Chris Hunter, VP Collections & Exhibitions
- Holiday Train & Toy Show
Visitors can explore a large 19 x 27-foot display of vintage model trains chugging through an elaborate winter village full of homes, buildings, landscapes and other surprises! On display through 1/21. Some of the workshops being presented during December break will explore the technology and engineering at work in locomotives.
- TOYS exhibits
miSci will be presenting several special events during the current TOYS exhibits:Gallery Tours with Daniel Fay of Sassy’s Satellite:
- Thursday, 11/15 @ 6:30 PM and Saturday, 11/17 @ 11 AM
- Thursday, 12/6 @ 6:30 PM and Saturday, 12/8 @ 11 AM
Toys for Tots Drive on 12/15 (City Hall-A-Day)
- December Break STEM Workshops
miSci is presenting fun and exciting full-day STEM workshops over December school break week, Dec. 26 – Jan 2. Students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 can enroll in classes about Toys, Trains and Astronomy. Classes are $60 or $70 for Space Academies, and parents can register their kids online at miSci.org.
- Organization: miSci –The Museum of Science and Innovation
- Vision: A scientifically literate community sparking innovation
- Mission: To inspire people to celebrate and explore science and technology, past, present and future. At miSci, all of our exhibits, programs, and events are designed with our mission in mind. miSci is a dynamic science center that explores the area’s rich technological heritage while celebrating and fostering a regional spirit of invention and imagination.
- Events: Toys and Trains Exhibits
- Model Trains in Motion (annual holiday train exhibit)
- TOYS: The Inside Story / 20th Century Toy Chest eventsDecember Break STEM Classes
- Location of event: Nott Terrace Heights, Schenectady
- Date/Time: Nov 23 to Jan 21
- Mon: CLOSED
- Tu-We: 10 AM – 5 PM
- Th: 10 AM – 8 PM
- Fr-Sa: 10 AM – 5 PM
Su: 12 – 5 PM
- Cost: miSci General Admission: Adults: $12, Seniors: $10, Children: $8 — Children under age 3: Free
- Facebook: Yes miSci Museum of Innovation & Science Schenectady
- Instagram: @misci_ny
- Twitter: @misciNY
- Website: www.misci.org
~~~ Segment FOUR~~~
Kate Dudding, Storyteller
From their website: At every Story Circle show, superb performers tell rarely heard contemporary and traditional stories celebrating the human spirit. You will find that these shows are shared experiences between the audience and the performer, combining the intensity of a solo performance with the intimacy of a face-to-face conversation. Over 2,600 people have enjoyed our shows at Proctors. You can too.
- Organization: Story Circle at Proctors
- Event: 23rd Tellebration “Sparks”
- Location of event: GE Theater at Proctors
- Date/Time: Nov. 18 at 3:30 pm
- Cost: TBA
- Website: www.StoryCircleAtProctors.org
~~~ Segment FIVE~~~
Crossroads Center for Children
Kelly Young, Executive Director
Vicki Ramotar, MS ED, Resource Development Specialist
Giving Tuesday is a global day for charitable giving that many are familiar with. Crossroads has participated each year and looks forward to this day as an opportunity to have our message seen and our mission supported financially by donors looking for charitable giving opportunities.
Here at the school on Giving Tuesday, November 27th, while donors from our community are giving to the school, we will also be giving a special day for our children and families to enjoy.
We have several volunteers coming into the school to share their gifts of music, dance, art and animals. Members of the community are welcome to stop in and make a donation that day, or visit the sites above for quicker access as well as more information.
So far our planned line-up includes visits/activities with:
- Our old furry friend, Tugg, from the Cock’n Bull Restaurant
- A pig named Albert EinSwine
- Dance Fire Studio and Fitness
- Sensory art
- Organization: Crossroads Center for Children
- Mission: To prepare individuals with and without developmental disabilities for life success within their family and community.
- Philosophy: Crossroads Center for Children utilizes interventions from the field of applied behavior analysis (ABA), a branch of psychology and education with a foundation based on scientific analysis of human behavior and learning.
- Location: 1136 North Westcott Road, Suite 100, Schenectady, NY 12306
- Event: Giving Tuesday
- Event Location: Crossroads Center for Children
- Date/Time: Nov. 27, 2018 all day
- Cost: No charge but donations are encouraged
- Contact Information: 518-280-0083 or info@Crossroadcenter.org
- Facebook: Yes — Crossroads Center for Children
- Instagram: @crossroadscenter4children
- Twitter: @CrossrdsCenter
- Website: www.CrossroadCenter.org/giving-Tuesday and www.NYGivesDay.org
~~~ Segment SIX ~~~
Performing Arts Youth Programs
Janice Walz, Proctors Historical Committee
Janice will tell us about the Youth Programs at Proctors. Christine Sheehan directs the program.
- Organization: Proctors Historical Committee
- Contact Information: Audrey Hughes at email@example.com
- Website: www.Proctors.org
~~~~~~ Upcoming Shows ~~~~~~
November 20, 2018 – #1060
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
Circle Theatre Players – Christmas Carol
- Brian Sheldon, Director
- Liam White “Young Scrooge”
- Bill Douglas “Scrooge”
- George Filieau, “Marley Present”
- HG. Warrender “Marley Past/ Fred’s Wife”
Holiday Food Bazaar at St. Peter Armenian Church
- Paulette Doudoukjian
- Others TBA
Holiday Lights in Albany – Washington Park
- Lenny Ricchiuti, PAL
- Cristina James, PhD
- Patti Vitale, Brown School
VITA Program – Volunteer Recruitment
- Joanne Passineau, Rensselaer CA$H Coalition
- Tracy Randle, CA$H Program Director United Way of the GCR
November 27, 2018 – #1061
(Topics listed alphabetically – subject to change)
- Bryan Salisbury, Artist
Girl Scouts of Northeastern NY (Mentoring)
- Mary Buszuwski, CEO
St. Clare’s Retirees
- Peter Jones
- Sonya Sidhu-Izzo, MD
Tax Season – Review your Documents
- Joanne Passineau, Rensselaer CA$H Chapter
- Richard Zazcyki, Dir. Circles of Mercy
Waterford Museum (Event Dec 1)
- Anastasia Garceau Director
www.SchenectadyToday.com and Follow us on
- Twitter (SchdyTodayShow)
- Instagram (SchdyToday)
- Facebook @SchenectadyTodayShow
- YouTube “Schenectady Today Show Official”
“Schenectady Today – In and Around the Capital Region” An All-Volunteer Production
Producing and Hosting continuously since 9/16/98 – Now in our 20th year
Now Cablecast in the following Communities
Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301.