Guest: Al Magid and Book Worm
Information from their website: It is our goal that every four year-old to nine year old in Schenectady learn the letters in the alphabet and their sounds and have fun doing it!
Conversational skills are used to help youngsters develop vocabulary to help build the basis for them to be successful in school and throughout life. Some volunteers work with a child and his or her caregiver, while others work in schools and still others volunteer at the county jail with youngsters who are visiting a parent.
- Once a week at convenient times.
- For 30 – 60 minute sessions.
- In public places near their homes.
- In Schenectady Elementary Schools.
- At the county jail during family visits.
- No teaching experience is necessary to volunteer.
- Volunteers are trained in one-hour sessions conducted by school-district administrative staff and reading teachers.
Organization: Reading is Fun Program – Schenectady Schools