Now in our 19th Year of giving voice to Capital Region communities!
As of 2017, the show reaches over 400,000 households throughout the Capital Region on Spectrum Cable and FIOS as well as on the Web. You can see the full show as follows:
- How to watch the Show:
- OnDemand here on the website
- Live Streaming on the web when aired on Channel 16: www.OpenStageMedia.com (see Sch’dy County below)
- Anytime on the web at Video on Demand on www.OpenStageMedia.com (scroll down to Schenectady Today and click on date)
- Schenectady County — Channel 16 and 19.3 – starting on Tues at 6 pm and then on Wed, Thurs and Mon at 10 am and 6 pm (additional airings at same times throughout the week on availability)
- Amsterdam – Channel 16 – Tuesday 3:00 PM (one week later)
- Channel Albany – Channel 18 on Monday and Tuesday at 3 pm – Channel Albany (same week as filmed) Albany County, Saratoga/Clifton Park, Troy/ Rensselaer (Regional) – Time Warner Cable – Channel 18 – Tuesday at 3:00 pm (one week later)
- Bethlehem/New Scotland (BCN-TV) – Channel 17 and 19.2 and on FIOS Ch. 28 Friday at 2 pm (one week later)
- You can also follow us on
Show Content: The show usually includes six segments with a variety of guests interviewed each week. Regular guests include Representatives from the Animal Protective Foundation; Faculty from the various area institutions of higher learning discussing health and community issues; Representatives from City, County and State agencies; actors and directors from area theatrical groups; Tax Specialists from the Internal Revenue Service (during tax season); Representatives from Schenectady County Library; area museums and many of the area’s non-profit organizations. We also try to highlight local artists and musicians whenever possible.
About the Host: Ann Parillo is a retired NYS registered pharmacist. She also was the Chair of the City of Schenectady Cable Commission until 2010. She currently holds positions with The Electric City Arts and Entertainment District Board as Board Secretary, and is on the Advisory Board of the Irish American Heritage Museum. She has performed with various theater groups and hosted the “Single’s Talk” TV show for approximately six years prior to hosting Schenectady Today In & Around the Capital Region. In recent years, she has been named The Schenectady Business & Professional Women’s Club Woman of the Year and Schenectady’s Haven has given her the Movers and Shakers award and the YWCA has honored her with a Women of Achievement award.
The Volunteer Crew: The show is proud to have a crew that has been with the show from the beginning. In alphabetical order: Barbara Baxter (camera), Malcolm Kogut (camera, sound and all around crew), Jay Purner (Technical director and Webmaster), Nina Rindenello (sign-in & floor manager) Mary Lou Samaha (reception table/ guest’s promotional material) and Janice Walz (camera and more). Without these dedicated people who volunteer each week, the show would not be on the air and providing you with interviews and local information.
Theme Music: “What a Day” by Linda Sheldon of Sundial Express.