Going into our 22nd Year of giving voice to Capital Region communities!
As of 2019, the show reaches over 400,000 households throughout the Capital Region on Spectrum Cable and FIOS as well as many more on the YouTube. You can see the full show as follows:
WATCH US LIVE STREAMING ON TUESDAY MORNINGS AT 10 AM ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL “SCHENECTADY TODAY SHOW OFFICIAL”. ALL SHOWS ARE ARCHIVED THERE AS WELL.
- How to watch the Show:
- Live Streamed on our YouTube Channel “Schenectady Today Show OFFICIAL” while it is filmed at 10 am on Tuesdays.
- Live Streaming on the web when aired on Channel 16: OpenStageMedia.com (see Sch’dy County below)
- Back Shows: Check out our Youtube Channel at “Schenectady Today Show Official” (select the show you want) for the shows or on the web at Video on Demand on OpenStageMedia.com (scroll down to Schenectady Today and click on date)
- Schenectady County — Channel 1301 – starting on Tues at 6 pm and then on Wed, Thurs and Mon at 10 am and 6 pm (additional airings at same times throughout the week on availability)
- Now on FIOS (OSM-Sch’dy) – on Channel 36—see above times
- Bethlehem/New Scotland (BCN-TV) – Channel 17 and 19.2 and on FIOS Ch. 28 Wed 2:30 pm; Fri 2 pm; Sat 6 pm and Sun 1 pm. (one week later)
- You can also see us in the following areas on Wednesdays at 7 pm. Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301. (Infomration provided by Spectrum Cable)
- Follow us on
Show Content: The show usually includes up to six segments with a variety of guests interviewed each week. Regular guests include Representatives from animal groups; Faculty from the various area institutions of higher learning discussing health and community issues; Representatives from City, County and State agencies; actors and directors from area theatrical groups or musical venues; Tax Specialists from the Internal Revenue Service (during tax season); Representatives from libraries; area museums, local attractions and many of the area’s non-profit organizations. We also try to highlight local artists and musicians performing whenever possible.
About the Host: Ann Parillo is a retired NYS registered pharmacist. She also was the Chair of the City of Schenectady Cable Commission for 6 years until 2010. She currently holds positions as Executive Director of Singles Outreach Services Inc. and with The Electric City Arts and Entertainment District Board as Board Secretary. She has performed with various theater groups and hosted the “Single’s Talk” TV show for approximately six years prior to hosting Schenectady Today In & Around the Capital Region. Over the years, she has been named The Schenectady Business & Professional Women’s Club Woman of the Year, Schenectady Haven’s Movers and Shakers award, Schenectady School Districts “Golden Apple”, YWCA’s Women of Achievement award, Proctors Volunteer of the Year Award and in 2017 was given the highest honor that the City of Schenectady can give “A Patroon Honor”. More recently she was honored by the County of Schenectady and New York State as “Schenectady County’s 2019 Older Citizen of the Year” for her volunteerism.
The Volunteer Crew: The show is proud to have a volunteer crew that has been with the show since 1998 . Although the crew changes, all have been dedicated to making this show an exceptional one. In alphabetical order: Marie Baluch (Reception), Barbara Baxter (camera), Malcolm Kogut, Associate Producer (camera, sound and all around crew), Mary Lou Samaha (reception table/ guest’s promotional material) and Janice Walz, Asst.Technical Director. New to our team is Scott Ziegler on camera.Without these dedicated people who volunteer each week, the show would not be on the air and providing you with interviews and local information. Additional help is provided by Open Stage Media Staff with Katie Derico as Technical Director.
In Photo on left: Jay Purner (retired), Mary Lou Samaha, Malcolm Kogut, Janice Walz, Nina Rindenello (retired -front), Barbara Baxter and Ann Parillo.
Theme Music: “What a Day” by Linda Sheldon of Sundial Express.